Many of the technical and financial assistance programs that the South St. Louis SWCD provides require eligible best management practices to be designed by an engineer. We primarily receive engineering support from two sources: SWCD Technical Service Area III (TSA) and the National Resource Conservation Service (NRCS). Engineering services are free to the public.
SWCD Technical Service Area III
SWCD Technical Service Area III (TSA) is a joint powers organization of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Kanabec, Lake, Mille Lacs, North St. Louis, Pine, and South St. Louis Soil and Water Conservation Districts tasked with providing conservation engineering assistance to member SWCDs and northeastern Minnesota land users. The South St. Louis SWCD serves as the Host District for this program. Funds to support this program come from the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources Nonpoint Engineering Assistance Program. Project assistance is requested through the local SWCD.
The TSA has recently assisted with several stormwater management projects. To talk with someone about project designs, call (218) 723-4865.
TSA #3 Staff
Matias Valero, P.E.
Caitlan Richard, E.I.T.
Conservation Engineering Technician – Mora
Conservation Engineering Technician – Duluth
TSA 3 Board Meetings
TSA 3 Board Meetings are held quarterly and can be attended in person at our Duluth office (4215 Enterprise Circle, Duluth, MN 55811) or at alternative sites listed on that meeting’s agenda.
Additional reporting can be found on our District Business page.
- February 1, 2023 TSA3 Agenda
- September 28, 2022 TSA3 Agenda
- TSA June 22, 2022 Agenda – Updated
- March 23, 2022 TSA3 Agenda – Cancelled
- January 26, 2022 TSA3 Agenda
- September 22, 2021 TSA3 Agenda
- June 23, 2021 TSA3 Agenda
- March 24, 2021 TSA3 Agenda
- January 27, 2021 TSA3 Agenda
- September 23, 2020 TSA3 Agenda
- June 24, 2020 TSA3 Agenda
- February 1, 2023 TSA3 Minutes
- September 28, 2022 TSA3 Minutes
- June 22, 2022 TSA3 Minutes
- March 23, 2022 TSA3 Minutes – Cancelled
- January 26, 2022 TSA3 Minutes
- September 22, 2021 TSA3 Minutes
- June 23, 2021 TSA3 minutes
- March 24, 2021 TSA3 Minutes
- January 27, 2021 TSA3 Minutes
- September 23, 2020 TSA3 Minutes
- June 24, 2020 TSA3 Minutes